MemberMay 8, 2021 at 10:52 am::
Water is one of the most essential for the survival of the living beings. Not humans but animals need it too.
About 71% of the Earth’s surface is covered with water and out of which only 0.3 percent of fresh water is available for drinking.
Therefore it is necessary to save water not only on a individual basis but on a universal level.
Water is depleting way to fast and to conserve water many plans of government is in effect. But the rising pollution and population is affecting the water bodies greatly.
If we do not conserve water now, it will result in shortages in the near future. Water conservation can go a long way to help reduce these forthcoming shortage.
So here is the some method that might help you to save water.
1. Close your tap while brushing your teeth.
2. Use bucket instead of shower while bathing.
3. Use washing machine fully loaded, not half-loaded.
4. Water the plants with watering can.
5. Use the method like Rainwater Harvesting.
6. Take short baths.
7. Double check faucets and pipes for leaks.
8. Don’t leave the water running while you wash the dishes.
9. Wash your car with bucket and soap not with running hose.
10. Don’t waste too much water in summer while playing.
11. Avoid over watering your lawn.
12. Avoid flushing your toilets too many times.
13. Use water friendly equipment.
14. Do not water dry lands.
15. Use less water while doing laundry or do less laundry.
16. Install a water meter.
17. Avoid running sprinklers when it’s raining, windy or in the middle of the day as the water will evaporate.
18. Use water conservation techniques like Dry Farming, rotational Grazing etc.
19. Increase the awareness of water conservation in your locality.
20. Educate children about the importance of water and its conservation.
Everyone should follow these steps to conserve water for the future generation.