Activity › Discussion › Grammar & Vocabulary › Explain conjunction a part of speech. Explain its types with examples. › Reply To: Explain conjunction a part of speech. Explain its types with examples.
MemberMay 13, 2021 at 6:59 pm::
Conjunction is a part of parts of speech. Parts of speech is the most important part in grammar. We can not learn grammar without understand parts of speech , so as a part of it conjunction is also very important in grammar. So let’s learn about conjunction
Conjunction is a part of speech which is use to join different words, phrase or sentences.
Let’s learn conjunction with examples-
She didn’t speak to anyone, and nobody speak to her.
See carefully, here ” She didn’t speak to anyone ” is a sentence and ” Nobody speak to her” is a sentence. These two are meaningful and different sentences. So the word join them together is “and”.This is the thing which join the sentences together. So in this sentences ” and ” is a conjunction.
Types of conjunction:-
There are three types of conjunction
1) Coordinating Conjunctions
2) Subordinating Conjunctions
3) Correlative Conjunctions
1) Coordinating Conjunctions:- Coordinating Conjunctions is a conjunction which join two sentences of equal grammatical rank and synthetic importance.like for, and so, yet, or etc.
Example:- I will go to shopping or I will got to campaign.
I feel hungry so I made sandwich
2) Subordinating Conjunctions:-
Subordinating Conjunctions is a conjunction which join sentences using where, when, while, before, after,because, once, though etc.
Example:- I read newspaper because it provides information.
The train reach the station before us.
3) Correlative Conjunctions:- Correlative Conjunctions is a pair words which are use to connect the parts of sentences which are equal value, by using not only – but also, as-as, rather-than, neither-nor, both-and etc.
Example- Maya can both sing and dance.
Gita not only a painter but also a singer.