MemberMay 17, 2021 at 11:56 am::
Hygiene is the daily practice of keeping ourselves as well as others and one’s surroundings clean to prevent infections, diseases and remain healthy and fit.
Maintaining good personal hygiene is the best way to protect us from diseases like the common cold and flu. It also prevents the diseases to spread from you to other people.
It does associate with social benefits too. Since maintaining personal habits involves washing your body and taking care of yourself every day. It also decreases the chances of body odor to spread and thus, prevents any chances of embarrassment at work or school.
What is Personal Hygiene?
1. Taking a bath and cleaning your body every day.
2. Washing your hands with soap whenever you use a toilet.
3. Brushing your teeth in the morning as well as in the evening.
4. Covering your mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing.
Why is personal hygiene important?
Good hygiene is vital because it helps prevent infections. It also helps your children from getting infected by dangerous diseases and spreading them to others. The germs that cause many diseases can be passed on through touching other people or contaminated surfaces. So one must maintain hygiene to keep them as well as others safe.
Some useful measures:
1. Carry your own water bottle and don’t share it with anybody.
2. Workers should provide cleaning material in the toilets and washrooms.
3. Everybody should maintain good personal hygiene.
4. Clear set of rules should be established at shared facilities regarding hygiene.
5. Do not leave any uneaten foodstuffs for longer periods as they aid microbial growth.
6. Use of Disinfectant to clean the area.
These simple measures seem trifling but they help tremendously to preserve our health and well-being.