MemberMay 21, 2021 at 8:35 pm::
The growth of
cities due to industrialization and economic
development is termed as Urbanization. And this growth is been boost up for few years. Due to controlled
urbanization, the environmental degradation has
become common and has been occurring very rapidly, causing many problems
like shortage of houses, water quality, air
pollution, noise, dust and heat, problems of disposal of
wastes, etc. which cause serious health problems.
These are few harmful effects of Urbanization:
1. Overexploitation of Natural resources: Due to high population density, overuse of natural resources became common in urban areas. The rate of consumption is very high such as scarcity of drinking water from groundwater, scarcity of forest products, power cut due to excessive use of electricity, etc.
2. Air Pollution: Air pollution is one of the major causes to exploit the environment. Activities like flying large automobiles, running heavy machinery, daily usage of vehicles, etc release pollutants like carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, harmful organic compounds, toxic metals, etc which are capable of including a number of health
3. Noise Pollution: The noise produced from automobiles, vehicles, social
functions, industries, etc. cause noise pollution in urban
areas which cause the psychological and physical disorder.
4. Unusual Rise in Temerature: The unplanned construction of large buildings in urban
areas absorbs solar radiation and in the afternoon, these
emit heat radiations increasing the climatic pressure. This is the major reason for increasing global warming.
5. Management of Solid Waste: Densely populated urban area consumes large quantities
of material and simultaneously releases a lot of solid
wastes. Solid wastes include municipal wastes,
industrial wastes, hazardous wastes, etc. Solid waste
production increases with an increase in population foul
smell and poisonous gases and becomes a breeding
ground for various diseases.