MemberMay 22, 2021 at 3:26 pm::
Plants are trees are the most essentials to sustain life on Earth. Plants and tress provide all the living creatures with food and oxygen without the availability of these two lives would be impossible. Plants also help in the process of rain and thus keeps the water cycle in order. We often hear two most commonly used terms associated with plants and trees that is firstly Deforestation and secondly afforestation. Deforestation is the practice of cutting down of trees for human need whereas on the other hand afforestation is the practice of planting a greater number of trees to benefit the living creatures.
Harm which deforestation causes:
1. Trees bind the roots of the soil and thus help in avoiding soil erosion, once the trees are cut the soil is left loose and is eroded very easily.
2. Tress provide us with oxygen and absorbs the carbon dioxide, with a smaller number of trees around carbon dioxide emitted by us is not being absorbed at a greater rate and as a result global warming is increasing.
3. With forests being cleared many wild animals are losing home and thus are exposed out as a result of which many of them even die, this is destroying the balance between the flora and fauna and is creating a great ecological imbalance.
4. Trees play an important role in rain with a smaller number of tress even the rain cycle is getting disturbed which is causing water scarcity and many other problems.
Benefits of afforestation:
1. More number of trees ensures more production of oxygen and food materials.
2. More trees help in keeping a healthy greener environment.
3. More trees ensures that the water cycle is alright and there is more rain.