MemberMay 25, 2021 at 12:05 am::
Martin Luther King Jr.
Martin Luther was born on 15th January 1929 in the city of Atlanta in the U.S. He was a known social activist. The leadership of Martin Luther in the civil rights movements is unforgettable. He has led the way to establish and launch a successful movement. The result of which was the legal segregation of African Americans in different parts of the United States of America.
Later he also became the leader of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Here he took the opportunity to establish non -violent methods for achieving civil rights.
King won Noble Prize in 1964.
He was assassinated on April 4, 1968.
1. He led the Southern Christian Leadership Conference in 1957. Here he worked brilliantly for civil rights.
2. He had fought all his life to establish equal voting rights in America for blacks along with the white people, i.e. to remove racial discrimination.
led lunch counter sit-ins where he and other blacks and whites.
3. Before that Blacks were not allowed to enter restaurants. After King’s reforms, the Black received the right to get equal treatment in restaurants.
4. For Martin Luther King Jr., it is illegal in the US to segregate somebody on the basis of skin color.
Mandela was born on 18th July 1918.
Mandela was a social activist, politician, anti-apartheid revolutionary, and political leader. He belongs to the royal family of Mvezo. He took law as his subject of education. While studying in Johnseberg he showed interest in anti-colonial politics and this interest made him join ANC later in 1943. He arrested more than once seditious activities.
In the year 1962, Mandela received a life imprisonment sentence and was charged for committing activities to overthrow the state.
He stayed imprisoned for 27 long years. But, as the racial civil war was nearly at the doorstep, he was released in 1960.
After that, he had worked on multiple social and political reforms for the betterment of his people.
He became the country’s first black president in the year 1994.
He received Noble Peace Price in 1993.
1. He took the privilege to acknowledge people about AIDS/HIV after there was a mass breakout of HIV-positive cases in Africa.
2. He joined hands with ANC. ANC is known for fighting for the rights of black people.
3. He was an Anti-apartheid leader who dismantled the idea of Apartheid and believed in the establishment of equality.