MemberMay 25, 2021 at 7:29 pm::
A diet that contains differing kinds of foods in certain quantities and proportions so that the requirement for vitamins, proteins, minerals calories and nutrients is adequate and a small provision is reserved for additional nutrients to ensure the good health of an individual is called a Balanced Diet.
Some importance is listed below:
1. Healthy eating gives as well as increases energy.
2. It also improves the way our body functions and strengthens our immune system.
3 Maintaining a balanced diet can prevent weight gain.
4 By maintaining a balanced diet we can avoid nutritional deficiencies.
5 Healthful eating can prevent the risk of developing certain diseases such as blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.
6 It will help you to fight against stress also.
7 Apart from nutrition values, it helps facilitate connections between individuals.
As for the healthy diet for the adult, it includes the following:
• Fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts, and whole grains like brown rice, pulses.
• At least 400 g of fruit and vegetables per day, excluding potatoes, sweet potatoes, and other starchy roots.
• Less than 50g of intake of free sugars, that is about 2000 calories per day.
• Less than 30% of total energy intake from fats. Fat found in fish, avocado, nuts, sunflower, soybean, canola, and olive oils are good for health and are preferable.
• Less than 5 g of salt per day. Salt should be iodized.