MemberMay 26, 2021 at 2:13 pm::
· Urine is the by-product excreted by the kidneys.
· It gets transported from the kidneys to the urinary bladder through ureters
· The urinary bladder opens into urethra through which urine gets excreted out of the body
· The size of the urethra in males and females are different
· Females have a much shorter urethra as compared to the males
Urine is composed of-
· metabolic wastes of the body
· nitrogenous substances
· other waste products excreted by the kidneys
· certain ions – Na, K
· wastes of medicines
Due to these compounds and presence of urochrome, a urine appears yellow in color.
The color also depends on the intake of certain products –
· A person under severe medications might excrete out a urine with darker yellow color
· The color might appear a little pale if a lot of beverages has been taken
· It may give a blood discharge – a medical condition known as hematuria
· Glucose might get excreted out in urine – a medical condition known as glycosuria
This was the composition of urine and the reason behnd its yellow color.
I hope this helps!!