Activity › Discussion › Science & Technology › Why do organisms need water? › Reply To: Why do organisms need water?
KumariMemberMay 29, 2021 at 3:35 pm::
For living organisms including human body water plays a very important role.
An adult human body contains 60% of water where the brain and heart are composed of 73% water, and the lungs are about 83% water. The skin contains 64% water., muscles and kidneys are 79%, and even the bones are watery ie. 31%. There are various advantages of having water.
• Flushing out the toxins from our body.
• Regulating body temperature.
• Helps the brain to function.
• It helps in creating saliva.
• It lubricates the joints and protects tissues, joints and bones.
• It helps to excrete waste in the form of sweat,urination and precipitation.
• Helps in the process of digestion Through the process of digestion the nutrients and water is absorbed from the food and used up in the body which gives energy to the body to perform work. and also in the bowel movement.
• It helps in maximising the physical performance of an athlete.
• Water as well as fibre helps in the avoiding constipation.
• Helps in absorption of nutrients in the large intestine and small intestine.
• It helps to fight disease such as
2. Kidney stones
5. Urinary tract infections
• Having adequate amount of water helps in curing psychological problems such as stress,anxiety, depression etc.
• It helps to keep body hydrated and keeps the mood and mind fresh.
Taking healthy and balanced diet and taking adequate amount of water helps our body to rejuvinate and fullfill our nutritional values. Thinking positive also plays an important for our healthy life and body.
Water also helps in rejuvenating clear skin and healthy body.
Water is very important resource and should be conserved so that our next generation gets the opportunity to enjoy the natural resources we have.