MemberMay 31, 2021 at 12:13 pm::
Myocardial infarction is commonly known as heart attack. It is a medical condition where a part of heart gets affected. Blood stops to flow in a particular part of the heart stopping the heart to function effectively.
The major symptom includes severe chest pain – mostly in the center or slightly towards the left side of the chest, followed by severe shoulder pains. Pain also spreads to the neck region and the lower jaws too. Other symptoms includes –
· Heart burns
· Shortness of breaths
There are different conditions leading to myocardial infarction –
1. Coronary artery disease – it is a medical condition where the major blood suppling vessels of the heart gets narrowed.
2. Angina pectoris – commonly known as chest pain. It is a chest discomfort with shortness of breaths caused due to insufficient oxygen supply through the blood
3. Heart failure – a sudden fault in the pumping action of the heart muscles
4. Cardiac arrest – it is a condition where the heart suddenly stops beating. It causes death.
Causes based on lifestyle –
· High cholesterol levels – any blockage in the heart or artery is due to the accumulation of plague
· Inappropriate diet – not maintaining a healthy balanced diet, eating too much of junk and oily food will not only lead to stomach infections but will also affect the heart
· Genetics – you might have heard a doctor asking about previous family history about any such diseases as this can be transmitted genetically as well.
Other causes includes –
· Previous history of heart attack
· Severe work stresses
· Emotional stresses
Heart attacks or even a slight pain in the chest should not be taken easy. It’s not always a heart burn sensation caused due to foo. It could be a minor symptom of a future heart attack. Certain things should never be neglected. Consult a doctor immediately when encountered with such discomforts.
Eat healthy|Stay safe