MemberJune 5, 2021 at 7:40 pm::
The full form of DNA is deoxyribonucleic acid. It is a group of molecules that contains hereditary material and is responsible for carrying and transmitting the genetic information of our genes from parents to offsprings. It’s made up of biological building blocks known as nucleotides. DNA is something that makes us unique.
Some of the basic function or importance of DNA is as follows:
1. DNA stores the genetic information and transfer from parents to offspring.
2. DNA is involved in the replication process. It transfers the genetic information from one generation to the next and equal distribution of DNA during the cell division.
3. Changes in DNA sequences can cause Mutations which is witnessed in many cases.
4. The DNA can respond to the need for a particular protein by exposing the appropriate genes for transcription while keeping other genes inactive.
5. DNA is responsible for the unique Fingerprint that every people has.
6. DNA controls the genes and doesn’t let them express themselves freely. It interacts with cells based on the type of proteins they will make.