Activity › Discussion › Grammar & Vocabulary › What is the meaning of transformation of a sentence? › Reply To: What is the meaning of transformation of a sentence?
IshitaMemberJune 17, 2021 at 1:21 pm::
Sentences are the way to write. But sentences can have many different types. So converting one types to other types can be know as changing the mode of sentences which is known as sentence transformation.So let’s learn about it-
Sentence transformation definition:-
Sentence transformation is a term by which a form of a sentence is changed without changing the meaning.
There are many types of sentences like simple, complex, compound, interrogative, affirmative negative. Sentences transformation mean a simple sentences can be transformed into complex or interrogative or negative sentences without changing the meaning, for example-
She wear a red dress, it is a simple sentences, when we transformed it into complex it becomes She wear a dress which is red. Like you sea the mode of the sentence is changed but the meaning it’s changed. It’s called a sentence transformation.
Sentence transformation rules:-
If you want to transform a sentence correctly it is important to know the rules of it. Without following you can’t change sentence accurately. Many types of clause are used in the sentence the can be indicate the type of a sentence so by changing the clause the mode of sentence can also be changed.So let’s learn the rules
Transformation simple sentences in complex:-
1) Present participle in a simple sentence can transformed into complex sentences by adding since/as/when at the first half of the sentence.
2) Being/ Verb+ing in a simple sentence can transformed into a complex sentence by adding as/when/since at the first half of the sentence.
3) Too…to in a simple sentence, can transformed into a complex sentence by adding so…that.
4) In the simple sentence in spite of/ despite can transformed into the complex sentence by adding though/ although in the sentence.
Transformation Simple to compound sentences:-
1) In simple besides being transformed into not only..….but also in compound sentence .
2) In simple sentence in spite of transformed into but joining the two different clauses in compound sentence.
3) If in the simple sentence indicate any cause of a person’s doing, the compound sentence will first state the cause, then join the result or outcome with a conjunction and.
4) In simple sentence for having the result before it and cause after it, the compound sentence will contain the conjunction so/therefore having the cause before it and the result after it.
Transformation Complex to compound sentence:-
1) In complex sentence though/Although changed like into beginning, the compound sentence will use the conjunction but/yet to connect the different clauses.
2) In complex sentence As soon as changed as the compound sentence will use the conjunction and to join the different clauses.
3) In complex sentence since/as/when transformed into and/so/hence/therefore in compound.
4) In complex sentence if it begin with Unless following second person(you), the compound sentence will follow this rule, Unless and you will be omitted + or between two clause + main clause.”