MemberJune 4, 2023 at 7:19 pm::
The computer is an electronic device that can be given commands to fulfill. Computers are useful for a wide range of tasks and are widely used in all fields, some of them being business, entertainment, medicine, and science. A computer’s basic components include:
1. Central Processing unit(CPU): It is in charge of carrying out commands, making computations, and managing the other parts of the computer. Since it handles the majority of processing duties, the CPU, or central processing unit, is frequently referred to as the “brain” of the computer.
2. Input devices: Input devices are used to input instructions into the computer. Devices such as keyboard and mouse are primary examples. A keyboard input commands into the computers through text and a mouse operates the cursor on the computers which sorts commands. The input data is then converted into a binary language which is readable by the computer.
3. Output devices: Displays the output of a given command. It includes the monitor and printer. It displays output in the form of images, texts, videos, and audio. The monitor shows the input in a visual form. A printer converts the soft copy of the output into a hard copy.
4. Hardware: Hardware contains the permanent storage of computer memory, software applications, and computer files. An SSD or HDD card classifies as a hard drive.
5. Random Access Memory(RAM): It is a type of computer memory that stores data that the computer needs to access quickly. This type of storage is temporary which means that once the computer is turned off, the data vanishes.
6. Motherboard: The motherboard is the main circuit board of the computer. It connects the various components of the computer. A motherboard is responsible for connecting and communicating between the CPU, the RAM, and other input or output devices.