MemberJune 14, 2023 at 10:59 am::
Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body. It accounts for about 30% of its total protein. Collagen is the primary building block of your body’s skin, muscles, bones, tendons and ligaments and other connective tissues. It’s also found in your organs, blood vessels and intestinal lining.
Collagen’s main role is to provide structure, strength and support throughout your body.
Collagen’s specific roles include:
- Helping fibroblasts to form in your dermis (middle skin layer), which helps new cells grow.
- Playing a role in replacing dead skin cells.
- Providing a protective covering for organs.
- Giving structure, strength and elasticity to your skin.
- Helping your blood to clot.
Hope this answer is helpful!