MemberJune 17, 2023 at 3:22 pm::
Water pollution occurs when harmful substances or pollutants enter bodies of water such as rivers, lakes, and oceans, making the water unsafe for plants, animals, and people. This can happen due to industrial waste, chemicals, and improper disposal of sewage. It is crucial to take immediate steps to stop this pollution and protect our water sources.
~ Here are some causes of the water pollution :-
1) Natural events: Erosion, volcanic activity, and algal blooms can introduce pollutants into water sources.
2) Industrial activities: Discharge of untreated or poorly treated wastewater from factories and manufacturing plants.
3) Agricultural practices: Use of pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers that runoff into nearby water bodies.
4) Improper sewage disposal: Lack of proper sanitation infrastructure and inadequate wastewater treatment.
5) Oil spills: Accidental releases of oil from ships, pipelines, or offshore drilling.
6) Mining activities: Contamination from chemicals and heavy metals used in mining processes.
7) Construction sites: Sediments, debris, and chemicals from construction sites.
~ Now , here are some effects of water pollution :-
- Harm to plants, animals, and humans due to dirty and unsafe water.
- Increased risk of diseases and health problems from consuming or contacting polluted water.
- Negative impact on industries like fishing, tourism, and agriculture, leading to economic losses and job cuts.
- Damage to the environment, including soil degradation and disruption of ecosystems.
- Decreased enjoyment of recreational activities like swimming and boating due to unpleasant and unattractive water conditions.