MemberJune 21, 2023 at 6:52 pm::
There are various types of sketching that can be practiced such as, landscape, portrait, still life, character and more. Each type of sketching requires a special set of skills. To start with, one can try freehand sketching first and develop from there. Although, some of the tips to beginners who start sketching can be as follows:
1) Firstly, before starting to sketch, one must practice basic shapes like circles, triangles etc. and learn to draw them freehand.
2) Always start with pencils. Sketching can also be done using pens, but the best way to start sketching is pencils. This helps in identifying and correcting mistakes easily.
3) Shading is a very important concept in sketching. So, to master in shading, one must first understand lights and shadows. Only if that is understood, shading can be perfected.
4) Just as you practiced shapes freehand, you can also practice shading and experimenting with it before diving into a complete picture.
5) It is also important to learn the placement of objects, their sizes and proportions.
6) Along with all this, the most important thing to be kept in mind is that, sketching can only be learnt with constant practice. Consistency is the key.