Activity › Discussion › Science & Technology › Briefly, describe what happens when the process of photosynthesis Occurs? › Reply To: Briefly, describe what happens when the process of photosynthesis Occurs?
MemberJune 23, 2023 at 1:57 pm::
- Photosynthesis is the process in which solar energy is trapped by chlorophyll to convert carbon dioxide and water to produce food in the form of glucose.
- It is produced in plants where chlorophyll is present inside the chloroplast as trapping the solar energy initiates the process.
- The water comes from the root while the carbon dioxide enters the stomata.
- The end product is glucose used as food or stored in the cells.
- The three episodes that occur during the photosynthesis cycle are:
- Light energy is absorbed by chlorophyll, which breaks down water molecules into oxygen and hydrogen.
- Light energy is converted into chemical energy. The reduction of carbon dioxide leads to the formation of carbohydrates.
- Plants absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere through the stomata and then enter the photosynthetic cycle of Calvin. The pores enable gas interchange.