Back in 2000, there was a Swiss foundation that launched a campaign to determine the New Seven Wonders of the world. In total there are 7 wonders in the world. The number seven was chosen because Greeks used to believe that it represented perfection and plenty. The list has been modified with time. After 2001 Swiss corporations started an initiative “New7Wonders Foundation”, which will choose the New 7 wonders of the world & wonders are selected through an online voting portal between the selected 200 existing monuments. The recent 7 wonders of the world are:
1. Great Wall of china- It was constructed in the 7th venture BC. It is located in China. It is one of the world’s largest buildings. It is approximately 13.170 miles long or 21200 km.
2. Petra – It was construed in 100 BC. It is located in Jordan. It is made up of Sandstone Mountains and cliffs.
3. Christ the Redeemer – It was constructed on 12 October 1931. It is located in Brazil. It’s a colossal statue of Jesus, which Stands atop Moth Coronado in Rio de Janeiro.
4. Machu Picchu – It was constructed in AD, 1450. It is located in Peru. It was discovered in 1911 by Hiram Bingham. It was home to the “Virgins of the sun”.
5. Chichen Itza – It was construed in the year AD, 1450. It is located in Italy. It is one of the most notable Stepped pyramid El Castillo.
6. Taj Mahal – It was constructed in the year AD 1648. It is located in India. It was built by Shah Jahan to honor his wife Begum Mumtaz. It is also known as a symbol of love. The monument is made up of white marble. After the construction was completed Shah Jahan decided to cut off the hands of all the workers who had built the monument.
7. Great Pyramid of Giza – It was constructed in the year BC 2560. It is located in Egypt.