MemberMay 24, 2021 at 9:51 pm::
Abraham Lincoln: Personal Life summary
Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1805. He was known for a highly influential political career and his brilliant presidency.
He didn’t have a rich lifestyle when he was young. He was brought to the outskirts of Indiana. He took his career into his own hand and finally became a lawyer. Later he also became the leader of the Whig Party.
He also became a congressman for Illinois.
He did take a break from politics after that. However, he made an excellent comeback in 1854, when he became the leader of the Republican Party. He has certain perspectives about life and the people of the country. Hence, he became their favorite.
Thus, when Lincoln ran for president in 1860, he emerged victorious on the other end of the tunnel.
Lincoln became the 16the US president. And he was one of the best presidents that the US ever had.
Contributions of Abraham Lincoln, for which he is remembered:
1. He played an important part in the history of mankind to end slavery. He established reforms and laws to free slaves and end slavery practices.
2. Lincoln stood as a firm leader for the United States during the Civil War that in the end defeated the Confederacy.
3. The establishment of the Emancipation Proclamation ensured better and efficient methods to abolish slavery practices.
4. After the war was over, e didn’t let the country stay divided. He ensured the welfare of the state by settling the terms and he reunited the Union and the Confederacy back into one United States.
5. The blacks felt free and powerful under his presidency. The blacks were given the right to serve the Army and also in the Navy of the Union.
6. Lincoln gave them the spirit and knowledge to fight their battles.
In the year 1865, on 14th June Abraham Lincoln was assassinated at Ford’s Theatre in Washington, D.C., by John Wilkes Booth. He was shot in the head directly and he died on the next morning i.e., on 15the June 1865.
MemberMay 25, 2021 at 2:13 am::
The story of Abraham : his hard work and hope
Young Abraham felt miserable. This evening was hard on him, he and his family members were forced out of their house . He now had to look for work and earn money to support family and at the same time manage his studies. He finally found some work to do and got used to the new life. He used to sit below the street lights to complete his assignments. He overcame all hurdles and obstacles on his way. He worked hard all day and night but never lost his hope.
One fine evening he came home to the terrible news that his mother had succumbed to her illness. His life shattered but he didn’t give up. A few years later his sister also died. Life was testing him badly. He borrowed money from his friend for a business but it failed and became bankrupt. He ran for various elections but was successful only in one. His loved ones died and he had a total nervous breakdown and was completely bedridden for quite a few months. But he never lost hope. His never give up attitude made all the difference.
Some years later, When he won the presidential election of the United States, he looked back down the memory lane, to all that he lost, to all that left him broken and realized it was these circumstances that made him capable and worthy of being successful. Had he lost his hope or given up on life, he would not be at such a great position today. Always remember to follow your heart, work hard and never lose hope. Life has mysterious ways of surprising you.
Later Abraham Lincoln was assassinated. His life was full of remorse and failures but he chose to fight and not give up.