In order to sustain life, we all require food; we are well aware that food is the fuel which provides us with the energy to carry on with every thing we do on a regular basis. Food consists of nutrients which gets into our body through the complex process of digestion. Nutrients are the substances which provides nourishments essential for the maintenance of life and for growth.
We intake bites of food and chew them to make it finer with the saliva, once this paste goes through the esophagus and stomach and gets exposed and reacts with various enzymes it comes down finally to absorbable nutrients. These nutrients through blood are passed on to the whole body which again provides us with the required immunity and energy.
Nutrients are basically classified into:
1. Carbohydrates: It is basically sugar and starches are found in food such as rice, grains such as wheat, bajra etc.
2. Protein: It helps in developing the brain and in building muscle, It is generally found in food items such as egg, fish, meat, milk etc.
3. Fats: This nutrient is necessary but at the same time excess consumption can lead to obesity. Fats are found in food items such as ghee, butter, oil, cheese etc.
4. Vitamin: There are various types of vitamins present, they help in immunizing a body, vitamin is found in fruits and vegetables.
5. Minerals: Minerals are complementary to vitamins are found in water, fruits and vegetables.
All the nutrients that in in the right amount is very much necessary, deficiency of these nutrients causes various disease and obstructs a healthy life.