MemberMay 21, 2021 at 11:59 am::
Water is most important resource of our earth . Though more than half of the parts of earth are covered with water but it is unfit for drinking . Most of the water is sea water or you can say salty water that is unfit for drinking. We need to save water . These are the ways by which we can save water:-
1. Donot try to waste water. Take only that amount of water that much you can drink donot throw water .
2. Shut off the taps when they are not in use especially while washing face, brushing , hand washing etc.
3. Take shower instead of bucket bath this will save water .
4. Switch over to traditional methods of water harvesting. Store rain water in tankers or containers and later use it for planting or washing cars etc..
5. After mopping use that water in planting. Donot throw it .
6. Create awareness about misuse of water in your locality.
7. Check the leakage and repair it as soon as possible.
8. After washing fruits and vegetables use that water for plantation or for washing cars etc.
9. Improve your drainage system too.
10. Donot release industrial waste in river water this will decrease the quality of river and also effect the aquatic life too.
11. Donot wash your clothes or bath in the river water. This will make river water polluting..
12. Donot throw plastic bags in the water .
These are the some basic steps for saving water. Water is our life our need . Save water! Save life!
MemberMay 20, 2021 at 11:41 pm::
Water is one of the most important resource we have on our planet. All living beings such as animals, plants and human need water for the proper functioning on there systems. Water has various importance in everyone’s lives.
Even though we have a lot of river and oceans but the water they have is very salty and cannot be consumed directly. That means only some amount of water is appropriate for intake. We should use the water effectively and make sure it is not wasted. We can reuse water in many ways possible. Some of them are:-
• If you have a pet make him bath in the lawn so that the water is not wasted and the grasses are being watered from the same.
• Try taking shower in place of bathing as it requires lesser amount of water.
• Do rainwater harvesting where the water collected during raining is used for different day to day work.
• Take the amount of water that is needed in the glass for drinking if water is still left,put it in the plants.
• Drink water and put the left water in the glass in the plants.
• Store water and then use it for cleaning utensils clothes and other stuffs.
• Put the leftover ice which have been freezed long time before on the lawns as the melted ice will become water and will help in the growth of grasses of the lawn
• Turn off the tap while shaving or brushing your teeth.
• Water the lawn in the evening so the plants can take in the water before it gets absorbed by the sun.
• Collect the overflowing water in the tub so that it can be later used in washing clothes utensils or watering plants.
• Make sure to repair all the leaking taps and showers of the home.
MemberMay 21, 2021 at 12:40 am::
WAYS TO REUSE THE WATER:
The water crisis in India is a fact that no person or organization should ignore. By 2050, India’s population is expected to hit 1.7 billion, putting enormous strain on the country’s groundwater levels. Currently, the nation uses about 250 cubic kilometers of water per year, with irrigation and domestic use accounting for 65 and 85 percent, respectively.
Overdependence on rivers and groundwater has left all sources barren and polluted, resulting in significant water waste. Furthermore, contamination of water supplies by household and industrial waste has made water from many bodies of water unfit for human use.
The growing population and urbanization have also contributed to the wastage of water, today only 62% of the population has access to tap water. If this water wastage will continue at this pace only then in no soon time our country will face a water crisis.
There are several ways by which wastewater that is water that is already used in household activities can be used reused again for several purposes.
1.Usage of shower bucket:
After a long and exhausting day, we all look forward to a wet and relaxing shower. When we turn on the tap, though, a lot of water is lost accidentally. When you turn on the shower, put an empty bucket under it to catch the water that drips out. The amount of wastewater collected would clearly show you how much water is lost in each shower.
2.Reusing water used for washing of fruits and vegetables:
Frequently, the water used to wash vegetables ends up down the sink. Water is also used comfortably when washing vegetables or even boiling some edible products, so this activity is a complete waste of water. When you use piped water to wash your veggies or cook your noodles, the water can be safely reused in toilet flushes, room mopping, or garden watering.
3.Create a rainwater storage garden:
A rain garden is a built environment that absorbs rainwater from roofs, pipes, and driveways, among other sources. During the monsoon, a huge amount of rainwater is wasted because most houses lack a rainwater collection system, and it is lost in drains. Washing vehicles, utensils, and other things that need water other than ingestion are common uses of wastewater from rain gardens.
A rain garden also prevents further burden on the city’s sewer system by collecting rainwater rather than allowing it to flow into the wastewater system.
4.Collect overflowing water from the plants:
Your love of gardening could be the source of your home’s excessive water use. You’ve already seen how some water drains from the bottom of pots into drainage holes. You should catch the extra water and reuse it to water your plants instead of making it go to waste. When watering larger plants, the wastewater obtained from drainage holes may be used to water the smaller ones.
5.Reuse excess drinking water:
Many of us lose drinking water in our houses, even if unwittingly. We sometimes empty half-filled water bottles and glasses, just to refill them with fresh water. Several liters of water is lost over time as a result of this everyday habit of ours. Empty the half-filled bottle or glass over a plant or use it to clean utensils or other household products. It should become second nature to not waste any amount of water, no matter how small.