Living things can be defined as the ones which constitutes of life and can breathe, move and be active. If we dig a bit deeper, we will know that living organisms I the basic state constitutes of cells which come together to form cell organelles, these cell organelles together make organs, organs come together to form the complex Oran system and tissues which completes a living being.
Examples of living things are: Human beings, plants and animals.
Characteristics of living beings:
1. Living beings can directly or indirectly make their own food, plants produce their own food by the process of photosynthesis, animals get their food from plants and human beings produce their food primarily from plants or animals.
2. Living things are mobile, though plants are rooted to the soil but then also they show movement as the roots go in various direction in search of water, plants also show movements in respond to sunlight.
3. Living things are subject to growth they grow and evolve over period.
4. Living things reproduce in order to carry forward generations and keep their existence intact.
5. Living things respond to the environment, they act accordingly to every situation.
6. Every living thing have the ability to think and decide some such as plants and animals have this feature under developed whereas human beings have this feature developed.
These specific characteristics make living beings different and special from the non-living organisms.