Glaucoma is an eye disease. In this, the optic nerve is damaged that causes blindness. Glaucoma can lead to a stage of permanent blindness.
1. Experiencing radiance/ circular illusion around lights
2. No clear visual image or visual loss
3. The eye may appear red
4. Mild or extreme eye irritation and eye pain.
The symptoms are not entirely visible in the early stages. Just regular eye examinations can detect it at those times
The situation that happens inside the eye is that the intraocular pressure increases. This is caused by too much fluid that sometimes gets produced there is produced excessively and so the fluid blocks major eye portions. Anyone can develop glaucoma. But some particular people are sure to get one.
There are two types of glaucoma:
1. Open-angle Glaucoma: This type has numerous alternatives and is an extended condition
2. Angle-closure glaucoma: This type which may be caused under certain sudden condition or maybe as a separate chronic disease.
It must be noted that damage made to the optic nerve and loss of vision from glaucoma is irreversible.
Now to determine the intraocular pressure, certain painless tests are conducted. Through these tests, the status of the optic nerve and drainage angle is checked. There is something called visual fields. Their sole purpose is to diagnose the presence of glaucoma. Not only that it also checks the increment or decrement of the particular condition.
1. Sometimes they are treated with the help of eye drops.
2. Then there is laser treatment or surgery.
The condition is critical and all of the situations are treated or taken under control through the above procedure.
At present, researches are being conducted all over the world to seize the rising cases of glaucoma. While treatment is absolutely necessary, the early detection of the disease is more important. Diagnosing at an early stage eliminates maximum threats and gives better improvement results.