The constitution of India is know as the supreme law of India. The constitution of India lays down the structure procedures, powers, duties of government, fundamental rights, directive principles of state policy, duties of citizens & political code. It is one of the longest and lengthiest constitution of the world. It was made effective on 26 January 1950, and was adopted on 26 November 1949 by the Constituent Assembly of India. Dr BR Ambedkar was known as father of Indian Constitution.
Few Facts about Indian Constitution:
– Indian Constitution was written in Hindi and English language.
– Indian Constitution is one of the longest and lengthiest constitution of the world.
– Indian Constitution is the only written constitution. Was Handwritten by Prem Behari Narain Raizada.
– Indian Constitution declares India as a Sovereign, Socialist, Secular and Democratic, Republic.
– The first meeting was held on 26 January 1950, and it took almost 3 years to write it down.
– The final draft was ready on 26 November 1949. And was signed on 24 January 1950.
– Indian Constitution is a “ bag of borrowings”. Different parts of the Indian constitution was taken from different parts of the world.
– Total of 103 times the Indian constitution was amended, since the time it was enacted.
– Indian Constitution talks about Directive principles of state policy (DPSP).
– Indian Constitution talks about Fundamental Rights.
– Indian Constitution also talks about Fundamental Duties.
This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Nehal Rathi.