Activity › Discussion › Science & Technology › What are the five sense organs of the human body? › Reply To: What are the five sense organs of the human body?
NehalMemberMay 15, 2021 at 2:13 pm::
Our body is very unique. The entire system is governed by brain. Brain is located in head of the body. All the 5 senses work in accordance of brain. Nerves send the signals to the brain and accordingly we react. Each and every senses plays an unique role. The 5 senses of the human body are –
1. Sight – Eyes help an individual to see and acknowledge things. With help of eyes the light which falls into the eye is converted into image with help of brain and this how we see objects near us. There are few people who does not have this sense, they don’t have eye they are know as blind people.
2. Smell – Noes help us to smell fragrance around us. Dogs have good smelling skills. But humans also have 400 smelling receptors. One human can differentiate 1 trillion diffrent smells. There are few people who cannot smell so there are chances that they are likely suffering from some kind of syndrome.
3. Touch – Touch is one of the most important sense. With the help of hands we can touch things. Touch is the first sense that a human develop. Touch can also influence the way we take our decision. Pain, temperature, vibration, different textures, pressure all these things are associated with touch. A person who is blind. The touch sense helps the person to understand the surroundings.
4. Sound – With help of ears an individual an hear different types of sound. different types of vibrations, loud sounds, music etc are all related to sound. There are few people who cannot hear and there are hearning devices which help an individual to hear.
5. Taste – With help of Tounge we can taste different type of tastes. That are sour, bitter, sweet and salty. Spicy is not a taste, it is actually a pain signal. There is a fifth taste known as savory. There are stilll many other flavors which are yet to be discovered.