Activity › Discussion › Math › Maths › Reply To: Maths
AashutoshMemberMay 30, 2021 at 10:46 pm::
A circle is a set of all those points that lie in a plane that is equidistant from a given point called “center”. It forms a closed two-dimensional figure.
The important basic properties of circles are listed below:
1. The outer line of a circle is equidistant from the center and is called the radius.
2. The diameter of the circle divides the circle into two equal parts.
3. Circles that have equal radii are said to be congruent to each other.
4. Circles that are different in size or having different radii are similar to each other.
5. Diameter of a circle is twice the radius of the circle.
6. The diameter of the circle is the largest chord of that circle.
7. Equal chords and equal circles have the equal circumference
8. The radius drawn perpendicular to the chord bisects the chord
9. A circle can circumscribe a square, trapezium, rectangle, triangle, and kite.
10. A circle can be inscribed in a square, triangle, and kite.
11. The chords that are equidistant from the center are equal in length.
12. The distance from the center of the circle to the longest chord (diameter) is zero
14. The tangents are parallel to each other if they are drawn at the end of the diameter.
15. An isosceles triangle is formed when the radii joining the ends of a chord to the center of a circle.