MemberJune 2, 2021 at 10:45 pm::
Well, every fruit has its pros or cons whether it ripens or raw. So let’s discuss which has more pros and cons.
1. Raw mango is considered to be rich in vitamin C as compared to ripe mangoes. Whereas Raw mangoes are rich in vitamin B.
2. Unripe mangoes can cure liver disorders as they increase the secretion of bile acids and helps cleaning the intestines of bacterial infections. They also produce more Antioxidants which help in protecting the body against cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Whereas ripe mangoes don’t have many antioxidants as compared to unripe mangoes.
3. Unripe mangoes are also considered a rich source of pectin, which is when mixed with honey and salt, is highly beneficial in treating gastrointestinal disorders. It is also a very effective medicine for piles, morning sickness, diarrhea, chronic dyspepsia, indigestion, and constipation. Unripe mango juice is nutritious for health
4. Unripe mango helps Weight Loss. Raw mango enhances our metabolism thus helping us burn more calories. Since the mangoes are raw and not ripe, they are found in lower calories and contain less sugar, making them perfect for diabetes patients.
5. Raw mango contains vitamin A and Vitamin E that boost one’s hormonal growth. Eating unripe mangoes with salt reduces the excessive loss of water from the body, and helps to replenish thirst. Drinking unripe mango juice can also prevent the excessive loss of sodium chloride and iron to excessive sweating.
6. Raw mango is a great detoxifying ingredient. It can increase the effective function of the liver and gall bladder. You can include it in your diet, particularly as chutney.
7. Ripe Mango contains fiber in high quantity, so if you eat more then you are likely to have diarrhea. Sugar content in Mango is also high and if excessive calorie intake occurs, can cause increased weight.
8. As we already know that ripe Mangoes contain a high level of fiber, vitamin C, and pectin making them a perfect fruit that keeps high cholesterol levels in check. Another advantage of eating ripe mangoes is that it cleanses your skin making it glow.
9. Raw mango has 60 calories per 100 g serving whereas ripe mango has 72 calories per 100 g serving. Fat content in both is almost the same. Both have zero cholesterol. Raw mango contains more potassium than a ripe one.
10. However, eating raw mango in excess causes indigestion, throat irritation, dysentery, and abdominal colic. Thus, we should never consume more than one mango on a daily basis and cold water should never be drank immediately after eating the green fruit as it coagulates the sap and makes it more irritant.
As there are pros and cons to both raw and ripe Mangoes, excessive consumption of any type leads to a declination of health. So take care in while eating any mangoes.