MemberJune 5, 2021 at 3:12 am::
Noise means the unwanted sound. The sound that is not pleasant for our ears and is not bearable is called noise. Noise is measured in decibels. The sound that is less than 115 decibels is tolerable by human ears. Noise pollution is also considered environmental pollution as it severely affects the environment.
Noise pollution, also known as sound pollution is the propagation of noise with a very great impact on human beings as well as animal life. Noise pollution is severely caused by machines, transport systems, etc. In the residential areas, the main reason for noise pollution is loud music, loud honks of vehicles, construction, generators, etc.
Noise pollution affects the health and behavior of living beings. High noise levels may even lead to cardiovascular problems in human beings. It can also cause damage to the physiological health of humans. Noise pollution may induce a lot of diseases in humans like hypertension, sleep disorder, high-stress levels, etc. In animals, the high rise in noise pollution can directly lead to their death.
Noise pollution is actually very dangerous for aged people. We should figure out ways to reduce noise pollution in our house which would be beneficial for our surroundings as well.
1. Turn Off appliances- We should turn off the appliances that are not in use such as TV, games, etc.
2. Use earplugs- Use earplugs or earmuffs can limit the amount of noise that goes into our ears.
3. Lower the volume- When we listen to songs or watch a movie, we should keep the volume down not disturbing anyone else, and also reducing noise pollution.
4. Control noise in sensitive areas- While driving near an ambulance, or a school, or a hospital, we can try not to blow horns.
5. Plant more trees- It is a proven fact that trees are an absorbent of noise. Plant more trees, so the noise pollution can be limited to a certain extent. Plants can absorb 5-10 decibels of noise.
- This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by tanya bajaj.