Activity › Discussion › Science & Technology › Difference between metals and non-metals › Reply To: Difference between metals and non-metals
AashutoshMemberJune 8, 2021 at 10:59 pm::
The difference between metals and nonmetals are stated below:
1. Metals are malleable and ductile while non-metals are breakable.
2. Metals are good conductors of heat and electricity while non-metals are bad conductors of heat and electricity.
3. Metal is lustrous while non-metals are not lustrous.
4. Metals are always solid at room temperature. While Non-metals can be solid-gas or liquid at room temperature.
5. Metal forms oxides that are basic in nature. While Non-metals can be solid-gas or liquid at room temperature.
6. Metals can displace hydrogen from water and from diluted acid. While Non-metal do not react with water in any form or to acid.
7. Metals do not combine with hydrogen only a few metals have the capability to react to form ionic metal hydrides. Whereas Non-metals react with hydrogen to make covalent and stable bonds.