Activity › Discussion › Grammar & Vocabulary › English Grammar › Reply To: English Grammar
IshitaMemberJune 16, 2021 at 11:08 am::
Noun is one of the most important parts of speech.When we thought about nouns what came first to our mind ,name right. As nouns are the parts of speech which describe names. So let’s discuss it briefly here.
Noun is parts of speech which describe different kinds of names, like the name of people, object, place, quality etc.
Example:- Mahatma Gandhi, India, Kolkata, Ganga, Bus, Sun etc.
There you can see all of these describe a particular name, like Mahatma Gandhi is the name of a person and Kolkata is the name of a place. So that’s why these are all nouns.
Types of noun:-
Noun have 8 different types. These types can helps to categories names in a particular type.
1) Proper Noun
2) Common Noun
3) Concrete Noun
4) Abstract Noun
5) Compound Noun
6) Collective Noun
7) Countable noun
8) Un Countable noun
1) Proper Noun:-Proper Noun is a kind of noun which identifies a name of a particular person, place, things etc.
Example:- Kolkata is the city of joy.
Subhas Chandra Bose is a great freedom fighter.
The bold words are proper noun.
2) Common Noun:- Common noun is a kind of noun which are a common names giving to a object, place or person.
We will live in a hotel tomorrow.
Girl’s always like gifts.
The bold words are common noun.
3) Concrete Noun:- Concrete noun are the name of the things which we can physically touch and feel.
Example:- I eat rice daily.
He always busy in his mobile.
The bold wards are concrete noun.
4) Abstract Noun :- Abstract noun are the name of things which we can’t touch ,these are ideas, feeling, emotion.
He always have grat wisdom.
Always choose the path of truth.
The bold one are abstract noun .
5) Compound Noun:- Compound nouns are nouns which are made of two words, each of which modify a particular noun or adjective.
I love to swim in the swimming -pool.
He always waits for me at the bus -stop.
The bold words are compound nouns.
6) Collective Noun:- Collective noun is a noun which identifies the name of a group of individuals.
India has the strongest Army.
Sita always supports her family.
The bold words are collective nouns.
7) Countable noun:- Countable nouns are a kind of noun which identifies names of things which we can count.
There were lots of people at the party.
I only have five hundred rupees.
The bold words are countable nouns.
8) Un Countable noun:- UnCountable noun is a kind of noun which identifies names of things which we can not count.
Japanese people are very fond of rice.
She has pretty brown hair.
The bold words are non countable nouns.