Over the last few years, fast and some dramatic changes took place in the field of information technology. And this has brought up new concepts of marketing in which buyer and seller do not see each other face to face but, their relationship goes on. The whole transaction takes place through online communication. This is what E-commerce is all about. Deals are carried out online with the help of telecommunication and networking with the relevant hardware.
In E-commerce, the internet provides information about goods and services to eligible customers. Everything is carried out through the internet. Starting from showcasing the products to its customer services to the payment options, everything is taken care of by the internet.
There are various advantages of E-commerce to the consumers.
1. More choice- Consumers get more choice on a single platform, they can buy products from far away places without going there as well.<div>
2. Customized products- People can get their products customized without wasting much of their time. These days T-shirts are also customized as per the requirements of the people.
3. One is not required to go from store to store in search of their products. They can order anything sitting at their home with ease, filling all the details online and getting the products delivered at their doorstep.
4. Reduced cost- The inventory is reduced, so the cost of products also is much lesser than when we go to the shops and buying the same product.
In addition to the advantages, E-commerce also comes with some disadvantages.
1. The first and foremost shortcoming of E-commerce is that we cannot touch and feel the product. We can just see the description of the product but cannot see that.</div><div>
2. Sometimes, while doing the online payment, consumers face an issue doing the payment, either not receiving an OTP, or a network error. Most people can not even trust online payments.
Every new feature has some advantages and disadvantages. And our country is now working on getting everything digitalized. People are now becoming used to digitalization.