Activity › Discussion › Environment › Different types of pollution.
Different types of pollution.Posted by Edutuber on May 11, 2021 at 4:28 pm
What are different types of pollution?Mahima replied 1 year, 10 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
AnushreeMemberMay 11, 2021 at 6:02 pm::
Our environment when exposed to some toxic harsh elements gets damaged and this complete process of experiencing the toxicity and getting damaged is scientifically known as pollution. Pollutions are mainly caused by human beings and does degrade our environment to a great extend which further becomes a threat to the mankind. Pollution if not controlled in right time with composite measures can cause infinite damages and bring hazards.
The various kinds of pollution include:
1. AIR POLLUTION:
The smoke released from factories, vehicles, burning fuels, the toxic remains from various machines contaminates the air we breathe. This reduces the percentage of oxygen in air and increases the content of harmful poisonous substances. Which eventually gets inside us and make us suffer from various kinds of lung related problems such as asthma, breathing issues and many more.
2. WATER POLLUTION:
The improper drainage system and the dumping of various industrial, household and mechanical toxic wastes into the water bodies results in causing water pollution. This extremely affects the aquatic life as the water becomes dirty and poisonous due to dumping of waste and further this water reaches us human beings for consumption which if not filter and consumed can cause various health hazards.
3. SOIL POLLUTION:
We human beings sometimes even end up dumping various industrial and household wastes into landfills. But when these wastes contain non-biodegradable substances, it creates a havoc. The soil gets toxic and this even indirectly affects us as we grow our crops and consume those for our nutrients. The toxicity of the soil enters the crops with secondarily enters our bodies and we suffer from diseases.
4. NOISE POLLUTION:
Now a days this is a burning issue, with the growth of technology we are using the superpower of volume and that is affecting us in inverse way. Being exposed to loud sound for long period on a daily basis can lead to various hearing problems.
Its high time that we take measure to control the various pollutions and make earth a healthy planet.
RupaliMemberMay 12, 2021 at 10:05 am::
Pollution is the process of making land, water, air or other parts of the environment dirty and not safe or suitable to use.
Toxic Pollution affects more than 200 million people worldwide, according to Pure Earth, a non-profit environment organization.
Land Pollution, Air pollution, Noise pollution, Light pollution, and water pollution this is the type of pollution.
1) Land Pollution – Land can become polluted by household garbage and by industrial waste. Organic material was the largest component of the garbage generated . Paper and paperboard accounted for more than 26% , food was 15% , and yard trimmings were 13%, plastic comprised about 13% of the solid waste.
2) Air pollution – The air we breathe has a very exact chemical composition 99% of it is made up of nitrogen, oxygen, water vapor & inert gases. The common type of air pollution is dangerous gases such as sulfur dioxide, carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides and chemical vapor.
3) Noise pollution – Even though humans can’t smell noise pollution, it still affects the environment. Noise pollution happens when the sound coming from planes, industry or other sources reached harmful levels.
4) Light pollution – Most people can’t imagine living without the modern convenience of electric lights. Some consequences of light pollution are,
Some birds sing at unnatural horus in the presence of artificial light.
Light Pollution called sky glow, also makes it difficult for astronomers, both professional and amateur, to properly see the stars.
we need to control all this pollution and save the World.
MahimaMemberMay 12, 2021 at 1:50 pm::
Any material that harms the atmosphere or the species that exist in that environment is referred to as “pollution” and the harmful material is known as a pollutant. Pollutants create havoc on the environment, including the air, water, and soil.
MAJOR TYPES OF POLLUTION:
1) Air pollution
2) Water pollution
3) Noise pollution
4) Land pollution
5) Soil pollution
6) Plastic pollution
7) Thermal pollution and the list goes on.
Environmental pollution occurs when there is an unfavorable shift in the environment that harms plants and animals. Harmful substances are released into the environment such as water bodies, soil, or air.
Environmental pollution can lead to serious health issues such as:
1) Respiratory disease
2) Different allergies
3) Mental disorders
CAUSES OF ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION
Due to industrialization, urbanization there has been a rise in environmental pollution. One more important factor contributing to environmental pollution is an increase in population.
Environmental pollution is generally of 5 types namely; air, water, soil, and noise pollution.
1) AIR POLLUTION– It is a widely spreading and major issue today. Due to industrialization, many industries are being set up and they emit smoke, fumes in large amounts through their chimneys. Smoke from automobiles, all this smoke gets to mix with the air and pollute the air that we breathe. Hydrocarbons, nitrogen oxides, and carbon monoxide are among the hazardous gases and particulates contained in car exhaust fumes. These gases rise into the atmosphere, where they combine with other gases to produce even more poisonous gases. These poisonous gases harm the organisms, flora, and fauna. The dry leaves, wood, dry garbage are mostly burned in the villages while cooking food also produces air pollution.
MAIN SOURCES OF AIR POLLUTION ARE:
b. Garbage burning
c. biomass burning
Example: You must have seen that the farmers of U.P and Haryana burn Paddy(residue called parali)which causes air pollution.
2) WATER POLLUTION: The most threatening environmental problem is water pollution. Industrial waste and sewage water is not treated properly before discharging into water bodies. Agricultural activities making use of fertilizers and pesticides are carried to the groundwater by rainwater. Solid waste is also dumped directly into the water bodies.
MAIN SOURCES OF WATER POLLUTION ARE:
a. Industrial waste
b. Untreated sewage
c. Pesticides and herbicides
d. Oil spills
3) SOIL POLLUTION: The degradation of land as a result of human activities and the mismanagement of land resources is referred to as land pollution. This happens when humans use pesticides and herbicides on the soil. Also, when pollutants from other degraded lands are transported to the soil of other areas through rain and floods. Hospitals do not dispose of their biomedical waste properly like used syringes, tools, etc.
MAIN SOURCES OF LAND POLLUTION ARE:
a. Chemical fertilizers
b. Biomedical waste
c. Garbage dumping
d. Use of plastics
4)Noise pollution: Noise is created by factories, household activities, and automobiles. Noise pollution is rising due to the rise in pollution, urbanization. It can impact the human body in a very severe way; it can lead to stress and anxiety, insomnia, etc.
MAJOR SOURCES OF NOISE POLLUTION ARE:
a. Automobile noise
b. Factories machines noise
c. Loud music at parties
d. Drilling the ground noise
WAYS TO REDUCE POLLUTION
a. Say no to plastic bags
b. Use public transport
c. Say no to crackers
d. Do not burn dry waste
e. Practice principle of 3R’s