Vertigo is a swinging or swaying sensational feeling while we are not moving that way. It is the another name of feeling dizzy.
The cause of vertigo lies in the inner ear. The inner ear consists of the vestibular system that maintains the body balance while moving and when static. When the fluid in them starts causing disrtubances, we feel dizzy.
Signs and symptoms –
· Feeling of unbalance
· Getting pulled to one direction
Other symptoms of the body include –
· Abnormal eye movements
· A weird sort of ringing sound in the ears – which might lead to hearing loss
· Vertigo generally gets cured by its own self. The brain tries and corrects the signals of the ears and hence the vertigo gets cured
· However, in severe conditions medical treatment can be required
· To treat nausea and vomiting, medications can be given
· If the vertigo is caused due to some inflammation in the ear, antibiotics and steroids are given to the patient
· In most severe conditions, the patient might undergo a surgery
These were a few points on vertigo. I hope it helps.