Data processing is defined as the conversion of information into something that is understood by a computer. Common data processing methods use calculation, validation, sorting, classification, interpretation, and transfer of data.
An example of data processing is:
1. A digital camera converts raw data from a sensor to a photo by the use of a specific algorithm.
2. Typing sales numbers into an inventory control software program.
3. Process if integration involves the movement of data from one system to another.
4. A website accepts the user media and converts it into the standard format.
5. A messaging tool encrypts our data before sending it to the receivers.